Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Electric car insurance how to get the best price for your Leaf or Zoe

On this week’s vlog were going to be discussing electric car insurance do you need special insurance for electric car how do you get the cheapest price. so if you like saving money like me and you’re a little bit tight and you try and get the best deal as you possibly can which probably most of you are if you drive an electric car even if you just drive it for ECO reasons like me you also like saving money. it’s a win situation with electric cars. it’s a double win for me and car insurance is one of the big grips were trying to get a good deal these days in the electric car sometimes. it can be quite difficult with certain insurance companies excluding electric vehicles and other ones not including battery lease systems and not understanding the battery lease. it was time for me to this year do a little bit more of an in-depth video on how to get the best deal on your electric car insurance now I did the normal website comparison stuff as always.

Electric car insurance

So I did my money Super Market check for the best price I possibly could put my reg details in and it fired out a price now non-protected no claims don’t forget there’s two drivers on here. Laura’s the main driver of the car so the insurance is in Laura’s name. I drive vehicles under the trade insurance but I have to be covered personally for Laura’s car. there’s two drivers on the policy. Laura’s a young driver she only got five years driving experience in five years no claims the price did was £429 as you can see. there the price for a non-protected policy protecting your no claims dropped to £408. there’s a little bit of an excess there with more than which isn’t great now I also had a renewal quote from quote me happy which was £350 but a much higher voluntary access on that policy these are high prices in my mind for an electric car driver. we tend to be slower drivers we drive more economically and we don’t tend to have any boy racers by driving Electric cars yet because they don’t make the RS Zoe but that’s another discussion altogether but that wed drive better so surely there’s a company out there that would provide insurance for us so spent some time looking for brokers that specialize with schemes for electric cars tried one broker.

their price was a little bit high it was six seven hundred pound but I’m not going to mention who it was but it was they were dear. they were dearer than all the other things. it was a specialist insurance for EV cars so you know I was moving on to at least someone who understood electric cars but I was surprised why it was so much did some more digging around and came across a company called plugin sure. so I thought they’ve even got a name for doing electric car insurance great the other company was just a normal running name not like. I said not going to mention them but plug insure proper name for electric cars actually seem to be actively trying to get electric car customers their quote was well quite a bit cheaper they came back at £296 headers like - yeah £296.37protected protected now like I said Laura only been driving five. years she’s a much younger model than me I was a lucky bugger but Laura’s much younger than me. so she’s not got was driving expensive to get price under £300 with a young driver on the policy it’s fantastic.

now I put a link to https://www.pluginsure.co.uk/ and I’ve also put a number they have an online quote system which is pretty much the price. I’ve got there is the price it gave me on the online system they also rang them because it’s called a quick quote. so I wasn’t sure if it was just an estimate quote but I thought it would be wrong it under £300 seems too cheap. I rang them spoke to me said no that is the price they ran a full quote with me and that’s the price I got. it’s a small firm there’s not a lot. there’s not a lot of employees definitely put onto the phone pretty quickly seem very efficient. they seems to be running for quite some time I did some more digging to some other people I know who’ve got it I’ve had leaf owners and i3 owners run some comparison tests and they all said its cheaper than what they were getting off of an insurance company.

if you’ve got a Nissan Leaf or a Renault Zoe or a BMW i3 or any other electric car give them a call try and get a quote obviously hybrids and stuff like that give them a quote see what they come back with and let me know what let me know in the comments below were they cheaper than you current insurers have you gone with them have you heard of them before have you used them before are you already a customer of them a bit and just let us know in the comments below I’m really interested even if you’d not with them you’ve got other insurance quotes let me know what you’re paying around the market but plug insure seem to be the cheapest they seem to specialize electric cars they are a proper FCA regulated company they’re using a major underwriter for the insurance and it’s a scheme set off electric car drivers so thumbs up for me from them they seem to do a really good job of getting really good prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment