DEATH NOTE!
So you get this sort of cat-and-mouse chase between the
whole series which is probably one of the best cat-and-mouse chases I’ve ever
seen. It- it has some of my favorite moments in any anime ever and it’s just
such an interesting concept of what is right and what is wrong. With the film,
with this live movie adaptation, they basically said, okay,
well let’s take everything that is good out of this anime and remove it.
Just get rid of it, I don’t want to see anything good in this film except RyukRyuk
was cool, but whatever. Apparently the director of this film received death
threats because fans were just so upset about some of the choices in this film.
First of all, it’s completely Americanized, so there’s no Japanese cast, so
people already start cultural appropriation Apparently Adam Wingard had to
delete his twitter because people were just too mean... too
mean about the choices in this film some. Some- at least one person sat down
and wrote Adam Wingard in their notebook... some fucking, someone tried,
someone must have tried. And I just want to criticize his film. I like some of
Adams previous work. I thought You’re Next was really good, so I try to go into
this with an open mind thinking okay well you know what I want to enjoy this. I
wanna like this.
What’s so great about the anime is the two main characters and how they
interact with each other. As I explained, Yagami Light who is this genius.
you couldn’t have a more perfect character to find this death note. He is extremely
calculated, nothing gets past this guy.
And oh I bet he has a huge dick as well. ( ͡° ͜Ê– ͡°)
When he first discovers the death note,
he’s extremely cautious with it, and he wants to make sure that no one else. No
one else can find out that he has this because obviously that would mean huge consequences.
So he builds this contraction that holds it in. You see once
the ink reservoir is inserted, it acts as an insulator preventing the flow of
electricity around the circuit. When light finds the death note in the live adaptation,
you know, you think he’s being smart with it as well...but
no! he just fucking goes to gym class and reads it in public! And then he shows
this to this girl to get laid!
NO! I say NO! Too far! He went too far.
He was a sociopath just because he’s dead does not mean a tragedy. I just wish I’d
seen it. I’m guessing this girl is supposed to be Misa.
his fucking girl
Which is probably one of the most annoying characters ever. In the anime, Misa
gets thrown into the mix of the story and its- she sort of just messes
everything up because she’s so goddamn annoying, but in the anime he uses her
to further himself
he uses her to get to his goal, to get to his goal, of becoming this God that
he wants to be. Here, in the movie, he uses it to get laid... He does it to get
laid... God.
fucking. how? You have probably one of the most interesting characters of all time
and you just reduce him to this fucking pathetic little bitch.
Now let me just be clear and- and *spoiler alert* here, okay, Yagami Light is
gay okay?
Yagami
backwards is I’m gay If you want more proof than that,
I don’t know what to tell you, but I do have it so shut up! This is one part in
the anime that not a lot of people don’t seem to understand. They’re like was weird.
Why- what just happened? It’s because that- he’s gay, okay? What are you doing?
It’s this part where L massages his feet. I thought I might help you out, you
were busy wiping yourself off anyway. How does Hollywood make a gay character
straight?
I thought they were supposed to be progressive.
I always read it as you have
the character Yagami Light who... he’s a sociopath he only loves himself. But
he has at least the character L that he sees as his equal, someone on his level,
and that’s the only person that he could at least, other than himself, care
about. That’s how I saw it at least and that’s how I saw the relationship.
Later on they introduced L in the movie, and it’s probably the character that
is the closest to the actual
anime.
He’s this quirky character, he eats the sweets all the time, he sits in a real
weird way. He’s just a weird character. And he is that way because he’s
supposed to be the contrast of- of Yagami who is this really calculated, composed,
always-keep-it-cool character. But I guess that doesn’t matter, I don’t know
why they just fucking, whatever... When L is introduced the anime very early,
he does something so smart and so clever that you’re like whoa! This guy is
actually for real, you know? This is actually a true rival to Yagami Light.
Here in the movie, you really just get, Ah, he did something really smart, he
is Its the epitome of show, don’t tell. They just went with the easier option.
So Yagami and his gay little girlfriend are, they just start killing people
together. She’s the one really pushing for it .
it’s really lame. I don’t understand it, but yeah, they just keep killing all
the criminal’s yadda, yadda super lame ruin my life. And yeah, no, they have
computer science class, and they’re like hey
let’s go to 4chan and look up people to kill and then they introduce the only
sort of interesting concept of the film which is can we really kill people just
based of rumors? Which is of course never explored again, so it doesn’t really matter.
But in the anime, you have this amazing concept of is it two people wanting
justice, L and Kira, they both want justice but they have different ideas of
how that looks like.
So they go against each other. I mean that’s brilliant
There’s also the concept of Yagami light. He thinks he’s doing good, but it’s
actually evil, its actually pretty messed up. And by the end of it you think okay,
well is he a bad character? Is he a bad person? Or did the death note turn him
into a bad person? Are bad people inherently bad people, or do they become bad
people when things affect them? Is that explored in the film? No, it isn’t!
It’s basically reduced to oh, let’s go to 4Chan and look at bad people, lets- let’s
kill! No, we can’t do that, you crazy bitch.
Whatever you’re not getting my pussy... But
you know at least in the movie you get to see the head explodes really splooshy
heads. Everyone’s head is just made of
gelatin apparently. I
don’t even know if I can show it but... everyone
who dies basically is just made of rubber. They’re made of gelatin.
That’s pretty cool. We also get the funny face reactions. I mean look at this
fine piece of acting right here *Screaming* In
the actors defense I sort of understand what he was going for,
Yagami Light always has these strange looking faces.
There’s some stills from the anime that are just like, what the fuck!
What happened here?
But that, that’s the thing cuz Yagami is this character
and he’s always composed, no matter what, you know, even if he’s discovered.
Even if he’s at the brink of you know losing everything, he’s always composed.
So when he breaks character it’s a big deal, and you’re like whoa and he makes
these crazy looking faces, So I understand that he’s trying to make funny faces
based on like the anime, but it just like dude. It’s not that. It’s not how. that’s
not why *Screaming
mixed with Killer Keemstar but people are just hating on him so much for making
these faces. I get it ,
I don’t think it was that bad to be honest
I don’t know.
No comments:
Post a Comment