Saturday, April 28, 2018

AVENGERS INFINITY WAR MOVIE REVIEW (SPOILERS FREE)

Hello, My Lovely Nibling. Welcome back. First off, this review is spoilers free. Second, don’t read comments if you don’t want to be spoiled something, cause there’s always some jerk that wants to prove that he knows something that other people still don’t know. Clear? 

Ok, let’s go. before the coming of Weird Trailers, was also about movie reviews. Obviously, they were in the Italian language so now I want to try making them in English or better: in Italenglish. As you well know, in many countries, Avengers Infinity War was released on the 25th of April and one of this countries was Italy. As you also know, it’s since the time of Leonardo Da Vinci that Italy is not the first in something in the world, so now I’m very happy about this. I bought the tickets 1 month before and the day before yesterday I was in the theatrepunctually as never I was in my life before. I’m not a fan boy but you have to consider that all the Marvel movies, since the first Iron Man, were conceived for leading us to these 2 movies. Yes, because you don’t have to forget that the movies are 2. This is not just a movie; this is an event. The pinnacle of a new way to make cinema. It’s since the 80s that we did not experience a so deep way in making serialization of movies but with the difference that in the 80s that was just a way to shear the sheep as much as possible while, this time, this was conceived from the beginning. Applying the logic of comic’s serialization to movies was a gamble but it worked and it was a goal not simple to achieve as DC comix and Universal experiences proved. Let’s be honest, not all the Marvel movies are the state of the art. Some are good and some are bad but what the Marvel Cinematic Universe created is something we can’t devalue and this is one of the decisive points of the whole thing. So let’s talk about the movie. The last Marvel Movie I’ve watched was Thor Ragnarok. I confess that I still have yet to see Black Panther so, also if I loved Thor Ragnarok so much and I think it’s one of the MCU best movies, the trend to the comedy that the Thor franchise has undertaken, astonished me a little also cause I knew that Avengers Infinity War would have had a huge dramatic part in it. So when I watched the movie I understood so many things and one of these is what I’ve said before and namely that in the MCU nothing is random. Now I will not make any spoilers, cause you can clearly watch this in the trailers, saying that Thor will team with the Guardians of the Galaxy and from this, you can understand why the Thor franchise became more comedic. This is just one of the many things that work great in the movie, cause the amount of time spent on every character was perfect. There’s not any character who’s in the background, not even the secondaries ones like, for example, Mantis Every single character was not neglected. Everyone has his matter in the movie. Avengers Infinity War is really a good movie, regardless of the haters. There are many scenes noteworthy, like the first appearance of the ring spaceship in New York. It reminded me of War of the Worlds by Steven Spielberg who’s one of my favorite movies. Sound effects are incredibly realistic and they can actually make you feel in panic. Let’s talk about Thanos. One of the MCU problems was the villains. One can hardly find a really good villain in Marvel Cinematic Universe. One of them is Loki but now I can hardly define him an actual villain. So how is Thanos? Nibbling’s, Thanos is perfect. Mamma mia. Since today he was just a meme. A bald purple guy who was amusing to make fun of.

From this day forward, Thanos is the best MCU villain and one of the best characters of the whole Marvel Universe. Can you imagine that in a movie with almost all the Marvel heroes, the clear star could be the villain? This is the case. I can say that Thanos is now a real Disney villain and this is not a joke. You may notice, in all the Disney movies, the villains have the best personality. They are often more appealing than the other main characters. Let’s think about Ade from Hercules or Hook from Peter Pan or even Maleficent in the Sleeping Beauty. Thanos, thanks to the huge talent of Josh Brolin, can steal the scene to everybody in the movie. He’s so well Characterized that we can almost empathize with him, I say almost cause, also if he’s so good, he’s still a fucking Nazi. He can kill billions of people without blinking an eye, but he can also show mercy and tenderness with a little girl, Gamora, to preserve her to the horrible things who are happening on the verge of her. For the duration of the movie, nobody knows if love or hate him and you can find this duality, this ambiguity just in well-written characters. The movie is full of fights but you can also find many touching moments as much as you can also have some good laughs. Same way Thanos loves balance, the movie is almost perfectly balanced between these things. The tone of the film changes many times but everything is so well mixed that those aspects don’t collide each other. So, is Avengers Infinity War perfect? Not exactly. The movie has some issues, in my opinion. The first one is about the new Iron man suit, who’s made with nanotechnology. It’s too clear that this nanotechnology was introduced hurriedly and just cause the suit should have done things never did before. Also the visual effects of the suit are not the best. Another aspect that didn’t like me was one of the worst and most well-known faults of the Marvel Cinematic Universe: the soundtrack. Or better: the main theme. I grew up in the 80s where the main theme was one of the most important things in movies. Let’s make some examples. I don’t want to talk about the most famous ones, like the Indiana Jones or Star Wars themes but we can also talk about other very famous franchises. Listen about this. If you are old enough you can recognize A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET main theme.

Let’s do another one. This is ROBOCOP. Every music can define the movie. It is very important cause it creates an association in your mind. When I watched the first Iron Man movie I can remember that the creators almost did something like that. We can see that in a scene that, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful scenes in the MCU: The Iron Man first flight. This fantastic theme could have been the Iron Man theme. It works, is good, is exciting ... and that scene is the only one where we can listen to it. What a waste. So now let’s think about a Marvel movie theme. You can hardly remember one of them. Probably, just cause one day all the superheroes would have been together in one single movie, the MCU bosses decided to leave out this detail. It would be difficult to channel all the themes in just one movie and I actually can understand this but why, why also in Avengers Infinity War the main theme practically does not exist? I was sure that, this time, there would be a good one also cause we can listen to it in the various trailers but, when I watched the movie, that theme totally disappeared. This is something I can hardly accept. Apart that, this movie was a great experience and I really can’t wait to see the part 2. this review ends here. Let me know what you think about it and tell me what you think about the movie in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment